Central New York attorneys stand up for injured workers
Workers Compensation law in New York is complex. Recent changes in the law make it more difficult than ever to navigate he claims system without competent counsel.
The lawyers at McMahon, Kublick & Smith, PC in Syracuse understand the law and understand the emotional, physical, and financial difficulties you face if you have been injured on the job or suffer from a work-related illness. We tap all of our resources to help you.
New York’s workers compensation law provides you certain rights and benefits:
- 100% of medical costs paid by your employer or its insurance carrier
- Usually, the doctor of your own choice
- A lost wage benefit up to a maximum rate
- A cash benefit for a permanent injury or impairment in certain circumstances
- Often a hearing before a Workers Compensation Board Law judge to address any disputed issues you may have with your employer or its insurance carrier
Even if your case has been closed, you may be entitled to additional awards or benefits under the law
In recent years, the Workers Compensation Board has changed how it administers claims, often to the detriment of the injured worker. In the past, the Board automatically scheduled a hearing if a worker lost time from work or suffered a serious injury. Currently, the Board places the burden on the injured worker to prepare a case, obtain medical evidence of permanency, and request a hearing.
A highly skilled Syracuse, NY workers comp attorney on your side
If your weekly compensation payments have been reduced, or if you have had surgery, a broken bone, facial scar, or if you have any permanent limitations or restrictions, you have the right to a hearing before a Workers Compensation Board Law judge to consider further monetary awards provided for under the law.
McMahon, Kublick & Smith, PC helps enforce that right by representing clients at hearings and working to ensure full payment of benefits.
Our firm focuses on all types of injury law and can pursue every available avenue for recovery, including SSD benefits, workers compensation benefits, and a personal injury claim. Injury victims may be entitled to receive benefits through all three types of claims.
Proven experience you can trust
We handle all types of workplace accidents:
What to do if you are injured at work
- Report the accident and/or injury to your employer as soon as possible. The employer must receive notice of the accident within 30 days.
- Seek treatment from a physician. Your medical bills should be covered by the employer or insurance carrier if it is a work-related injury.
- Be sure to tell the physician every part of your body that was injured to help document your claim.
- Be sure to follow your doctor's orders and return for treatment or physical therapy according to his orders. It is very important to have up-to-date medical reports available at the time of hearings and for all periods when you were unable to work.
McMahon, Kublick & Smith, PC workers comp attorneys
Maximizing your recovery is our priority
If you have been seriously injured, chances are excellent that our Syracuse workers compensation attorneys can help with our full-service approach. Contact McMahon, Kublick & Smith, PC online or at 1-800-638-2998. The call is free, and so is the initial consultation. If we take your injury case, you pay no fees unless we recover money for you.